Baby’s are so sweet and precious! And today we are celebrating the arrival of Stephanie’s newest little bundle of joy! Stephanie blogs at Back for Second’s and a group of bloggers have joined together to throw her a surprise virtual baby shower! Do you know the best thing about a virtual baby shower? Everyone can attend and see the wonderful food that everyone prepared and congratulate Stephanie on her newest arrival!
This Sweet & Sour Pulled Chicken is a great slow cooker meal that is perfect for a crowd or just your own family! It’s also a great meal to take to a family who just had a baby! What a blessing it can be when you take a family a meal! This meal is a simple, throw everything in the slow cooker kind of meal. My kids gobbled it up and my husband and I had a hard time at stopping at just one sandwich!
Want to know another great thing about this meal? It’s freezable! So, you can make this and freeze the leftovers for an easy meal later! I served this chicken on dinner rolls but my kids just ate the chicken plain and dipped it in BBQ sauce! The chicken would also be great in a lettuce wrap with some coleslaw shreds or on top of a salad! This is such a versatile meal!
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup cooking sherry
- ¼ cup rice vinegar or white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- BBQ sauce for serving, if desired
- Dinner rolls for serving, if desired
- Place chicken breasts in the bottom of a slow cooker.
- in a medium size bowl, add the soy sauce, sherry, vinegar, brown sugar, tomato paste, garlic cloves and grown ginger. Stir together well. Pour on top of chicken.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Take chicken out of the slow cooker and place on a plate and shred with two forks. Return chicken back to the slow cooker and mix with the juices.
- Serve as desired.
Recipe Source: Good Cheap Eats
Check out these other great dishes brought to our virtual baby shower for Stephanie!
Pimiento Cheese Spread by Laura’s Baking Talent
Sweet and Sour Pulled Chicken by Kathy’s Kitchen Table
Skinny Chocolate Chip Cannoli Dip by Frugal Foodie Mama
Funfetti Pudding Cookies by Crazy for Crust
Blueberry Boy Bait by Pint Sized Baker
Strawberry Butter Streusel Muffins by Chocolate, Chocolate, and More
White Chocolate Reese’s Brownies by Inside BruCrew Life
Blueberry Coffee Cake by Heather’s French Press
Skinny Banana Nutella Dip with Star Pie Crust Dippers by Wine & Glue
Celebrating with Star Cookies by Created by Diane
Lemon Meringue Cookie Cups by Mom on Timeout
Skinny Blueberry Cheesecake Bites by Yummy Healthy Easy
Skinny Chocolate Muffins by Kitchen Meets Girl
Flourless Chocolate Cake by Plaid and Paisley Kitchen