Monday morning. Sometimes Monday’s just call for Double Chocolate Chip Cookies. Monday’s are hard to get into the groove of things sometimes. After a busy weekend, I’m just having trouble finding any motivation today. My son keeps asking me if we have to go anywhere today. He just wants to stay and veg too. He’s not too happy that we may need to go to the grocery for a few things. Even if you are starting your Monday off like me, these Double Chocolate Chip Cookies are easy to make. Even if you are tired and need a calm and quiet day, you should try these. Start to finish (including cleanup) these cookies only take about 45 minutes to make. And if you need a chocolate fix, these definitely fit the bill!
Since I found this recipe a couple months ago, I have made them numerous times and each time they come out of the oven so moist, soft and delicious! These cookies are seriously addicting. I mean, who can resist a chocolate chocolate chip cookie (unless you are allergic to chocolate, like my MIL). And they are soft with just a little bit of a crunchy outer layer. Coconut oil and cake flour give these a nice light, fluffy and soft texture. And no, the coconut oil will not make your cookies taste like coconut!
Try these cookies soon and I bet you will be making them over and over again just like me!
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1½ cups flour
- ½ cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 cookies sheets with parchment paper or spray with cooking spray and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or a large bowl, mix the coconut oil and sugars together until creamy. Add in the eggs and vanilla and beat until combined.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, cake flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Stir to combine.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and stir well or mix on low speed with mixer. The mixture will be very thick. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop the dough onto the prepared baking sheets and bake for 8-9 minutes or until set.
- Let cool completely and enjoy!
- Makes 3 dozen cookies
Recipe Source: Sweet Treats and More