Cheese and garlic bread make a wonderful combination. Try Cheesy Garlic Breadsticks for your next Italian meal!
Did you see the Cast Iron Skillet Pizza recipe from Monday? If not, check it out. But if you did, you may recall that I made a double batch of the pizza dough. I made Cheesy Garlic Breadsticks with the extra portion of dough!
These breadsticks are very similar to the Cheesy Garlic Bread that you get at LaRosa’s in Cincinnati, just in stick form. Who doesn’t love bread, garlic and cheese?! No one in this house, at least!
The recipe is very simple. Just take your favorite dough, sprinkle garlic powder and salt on top of the dough and then top it with provolone cheese. It’s easy and delicious! I dare you to just eat one!
- 1 batch of your favorite pizza dough
- ½ – 1 teaspoon garlic powder (depending on how strong you want it)
- salt, to taste
- 12 slices provolone cheese
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Grease a baking sheet with cooking spray and set aside.
- Roll out dough into the size of your baking sheet. Place on the baking sheet and sprinkle the garlic powder and salt on the dough. Top with the provolone cheese.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately.